NKE Stock – What Investors Should Know About NIKE, Inc.
NIKE, Inc. (NKE stock symbol ) designs, markets, and distributes athletic apparel, footwear, equipment, and accessories for sports and fitness activities. It is the largest athletic footwear and apparel brand in the world. The Company’s regional operating segments include North America; Europe, the Middle East & Africa (EMEA); Greater China; Asia Pacific & Latin America (APLA), Global Brand Divisions, Converse, and Corporate. Nike sells sports equipment and accessories under the NIKE Brand name. For example, sports bags, socks, sports balls, eyewear, timepieces, digital devices, bats, gloves, protective equipment, and other sports equipment. The company was founded by William Jay Bowerman and Philip H. Knight on January 25, 1964, and is headquartered in Beaverton, OR. The company was formerly known as Blue Ribbon Sports, Inc. and changed its name to NIKE, Inc. in 1971.
NIKE also creates exclusive products for the Jordan Brand and Converse using the Jumpman trademark. The Jordan Brand distributes and licenses athletic and casual footwear, apparel, and accessories directed toward the basketball culture. NIKE also designs, distributes, and licenses casual sneakers, clothing, and accessories under various other trademarks. For example, under the Chuck Taylor, All-Star, One Star, Star Chevron, and Jack Purcell trademarks.
NIKE Business Segments
- NIKE Brand – Includes North America, Europe, Middle East & Africa, Greater China, and the Asia Pacific & Latin America. Segments engage in the design, development, marketing, and selling of athletic footwear, apparel, and equipment. In addition, this segment carries performance equipment and accessories comprising bags, socks, sports balls, eyewear, timepieces, digital devices, bats, gloves, protective equipment, and other equipment for sports activities under the NIKE brand.
- Global Brands – The Global Brand Divisions represent its NIKE Brand licensing businesses. The Converse segment designs, markets, licenses, and sells casual sneakers, apparel, and accessories. Also, various plastic products to other manufacturers.
- Corporate – The Corporate segment consists of unallocated general and administrative expenses.
NIKE, Inc., together with its subsidiaries markets apparel with licensed college and professional team logos. This is in addition to its name-brand sports apparel. Furthermore, it licenses unaffiliated parties to manufacture and sell sports apparel, digital devices, applications, and other equipment under NIKE-owned trademarks. The company sells its products to footwear stores; sporting goods stores; athletic specialty stores; department stores; skate, tennis, and golf shops; and other retail accounts. The company retails goods directly and indirectly through NIKE-owned retail stores, digital platforms, independent distributors, licensees, and sales representatives.
NKE Stock: Annual Reports – Financials – SEC Filings
NIKE, Inc. is incorporated in the state of Oregon. NIKE, Inc is primarily in the business of rubber & plastics footwear. For financial reporting, their fiscal year ends on May 31st. This page includes all SEC registration details and a list of all documents (S-1, Prospectus, Current Reports, 8-K, 10K, Annual Reports) filed by NIKE, Inc.
Nike is the world’s largest athletic footwear and apparel brand. Running, basketball, soccer, training, sportswear, and Jordan are the six major categories in which it designs, develops, and markets athletic apparel, footwear, equipment, and accessories. However, footwear accounts for roughly two-thirds of total sales. Nike has several brands, including Nike, Jordan, and Converse (casual footwear). Nike sells its products all over the world and outsources production to over 400 factories in over 40 countries. The company is headquartered in Beaverton, Oregon, and was founded in 1964.
NKE Stock Dividend
Nike (NKE Stock) recently announced that its board of directors approved a quarterly dividend of $0.34 per share, which represents an 11% increase over the amount it previously paid.
Nike’s dividend increase marks the company’s 21st consecutive year of increasing its dividend payout. This keeps it on track to join the illustrious group of Dividend Aristocrats in just a few years. However, it also demonstrates a more impressive feat than simply adding another year of dividend increases. Nike has increased its payout by double digits every year for the past 12 years. This represents an impressive 12.1% on average. The dividend itself yields only 1.1% annually. However, the payout ratio (or the percentage of profits paid out as a dividend) is a healthy 34%. This indicates that the dividend is safe and there is plenty of room for future increases. As a result, there should be no disruption in its path to the 25-year mark joining the Dividend Aristocrat Club.
NKE Stock Forecast
- Based on 27 Wall Street analysts offering 12-month price targets for Nike in the last 3 months. The average price target is $110.08 with a high forecast of $185.00 and a low forecast of $79.00. The average price target represents a 3.89% change from the last price of $105.96. (Source: tipranks.com)
- 31 analysts offering 12-month price forecasts for NKE stock have a median target of 110.00. The high estimate is 185.00 and the low estimate of 77.00. The median estimate represents a +3.86% increase from the last price of 105.91. (Source: money.cnn.com)
- Given the current short-term trend, the stock is expected to fall -6.54% during the next 3 months and, with a 90% probability hold a price between $73.36 and $99.69 at the end of this 3-month period. Do note, that if the stock price manages to stay at current levels or higher, our prediction target will start to change positively over the next few days as the conditions for the current predictions will be broken. (Source: stockinvest.us)
Is NKE Stock a Buy, Sell, or Hold?
- NKE stock has received a consensus rating of buy. The average rating score is and is based on 85 buy ratings, 11 hold ratings, and 1 sell rating. The 97 analysts offering price forecasts for Nike have a median target of 148.75, with a high estimate of 221.00 and a low estimate of 83.00. The median estimate represents a 71.23 difference from the last price of 105.96. (Source: markets.businessinsider.com)
- NIKE has received a consensus rating of Buy. The company’s average rating score is 2.63 and is based on 20 buy ratings, 12 hold ratings, and no sell ratings. (Source: marketbeat.com)
- NKE stock holds buy signals from both short and long-term moving averages giving a positive forecast for the stock. Also, there is a general buy signal from the relation between the two signals where the short-term average is above the long-term average. On corrections down, there will be some support from the lines at $105.29 and $94.98. A breakdown below any of these levels will issue sell signals. Furthermore, there is a buy signal from the 3-month Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD). Some negative signals were issued as well, and these may have some influence on the near short-term development. (Source: stockinvest.us)
NKE Stock Split History
Nike stock (NKE stock symbol) underwent a total of 7 stock splits. The most recent stock split occurred on December 24th, 2015. One NKE share bought prior to January 6th, 1983 would equal 128 NKE stock shares today.
- Jan 06, 1983 – 2:1 Split
- Oct 09, 1990 – 2:1 Split
- Oct 31, 1995 – 2:1 Split
- Oct 24, 1996 – 2:1 Split
- Apr 03, 2007 – 2:1 Split
- Dec 26, 2012 – 2:1 Split
- Dec 24, 2015 – 2:1 Split
NKE Stock News
NIKE Inc. is set to unveil its new Web3 platform “.Swoosh” in 2023.
Cryptocurrency took a dive in 2022. However, there has been one trend that should be encouraging for investors. More and more companies are looking for ways to capitalize on the potential that blockchains provide. Well, another well-known company entered the world of Web3 or the emerging decentralized internet. This contrasts with Web2 and its reliance on a few large tech companies. The debut of Nike’s virtual apparel and digital assets will be launched under the “.swoosh” brand. Users will be able to buy Nike brand clothing and shoes for avatars to use in Web3 games. In addition, limited edition non-fungible tokens (NFTs) will be available for purchase on the platform.
Additionally, users will be able to unlock real-world perks. For example, actual clothing as well as possibly meeting and greeting professional athletes. Those keeping track of Nike’s digital endeavors will be interested in the introduction of the company’s new online brand. It may be perplexing given that NIKE purchased RTFKT (another Web3 company serving a somewhat similar role) in December 2021. According to information on the “.swoosh” website, RTFKT and Swoosh will be separate platforms. An RTFKT representative clarified that its team will only be assisting Nike in its pursuit of Web3 expansion.
Merck & Co., Inc. (MRK stock symbol) is a multinational pharmaceutical company offering health solutions through its prescription medicines, vaccines, biological therapies, and animal health products. Merck develops pharmaceuticals to treat a wide range of conditions. For example, cardiovascular disease, asthma, cancer, and infections. Within cancer, the company’s immuno-oncology platform is becoming a significant contributor to overall sales. In addition, the company has a sizable vaccine business, with treatments for hepatitis B and pediatric diseases, as well as HPV and shingles. Merck has collaborations with AstraZeneca PLC; Bayer AG; Eisai Co., Ltd.; Ridgeback Biotherapeutics; and Gilead Sciences, Inc. to jointly develop and commercialize long-acting treatments in HIV. Merck & Co., Inc. was founded in 1891 and is headquartered in Kenilworth, New Jersey.